LucyG could not function without its wonderful team of dedicated volunteers. If you are able to assist in any capacity, we would love to have you! Our volunteers can be trained and assigned to mentor in their preferred areas (kitchen, café or crafts), so come and chat and we will see where we could best use your talents.
We prefer volunteers who would be prepared to be involved over a longer period (even if only once a week or once a month) – so that they can “learn the ropes” and really become part of LucyG.
Examples of work currently done by volunteers:
- Supervising and training young adults, for work in the kitchen, the café, or assisting customers with crafts.
- Workshop facilitation – we offer regular craft workshops, which are facilitated by experts in that specific craft.
- Stock preparation – preparing kits for the various craft activities.
- Baking – we are always in need of fresh offerings in our café, and we have a number of volunteers supplying cakes or savories once a month or other delicacies.
- Marketing, social media, photography or video making.
- Signage – we are always needing new signs for something or other.
- Admin, accounting or bookkeeping.
- Website development and maintenance (done by the wonderful Natalie of Page52 – whom we can highly recommend!)