LucyG could not function without its wonderful team of dedicated volunteers. If you are able to assist in any capacity, we would love to have you! Our volunteers can be trained and assigned to mentor in their preferred areas (kitchen, café or crafts), so come and chat and we will see where we could best use your talents.
We prefer volunteers who would be prepared to be involved over a longer period (even if only once a week or once a month) – so that they can “learn the ropes” and really become part of LucyG.
Examples of work currently done by volunteers:
- Supervising and training young adults, for work in the kitchen, the café, or assisting customers with crafts.
- Workshop facilitation – we offer regular craft workshops, which are facilitated by experts in that specific craft.
- Stock preparation – preparing kits for the various craft activities.
- Baking – we are always in need of fresh offerings in our café, and we have a number of volunteers supplying cakes or savories once a month or other delicacies.
- Marketing, social media, photography or video making.
- Signage – we are always needing new signs for something or other.
- Admin, accounting or bookkeeping.
- Website development and maintenance (done by the wonderful Natalie of Page52 – whom we can highly recommend!)
We would really appreciate financial support or donations from companies or individuals to sustain this wonderful venture! Please contact Diana Phillips (Dianaphill@gmail.com), who is currently co-ordinating our fund raising efforts.
We are a registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO), which means your donation is tax deductible. We will issue section 18A certificates at the end of each tax year reflecting the total of all donations made in that year. Our SARS PBO reference number is 930060186.
There are three ways you can donate:
- A once-off lump sum, which if you prefer, can be ring-fenced for a specific item or activity (see our wish-list below).
- A regular monthly contribution (we can implement a debit order, or you can set up a regular payment option on your bank account)
- Sponsorship of a portion or the full salary for one of the young adults – if you elect this option, your donation will be ring-fenced for this purpose. As the young adults sometimes only work a few shifts per month, a full salary sponsorship would be in the range from R300 to R1,000 per month.
Our bank details are as follows, please use your (or your organisation’s) name as the reference.
Account: The Lucy G Foundation
Bank: First National Bank (FNB)
ACB / Branch Code: 200409
Account Number: 62739309327
Account Type: current / cheque / transmission
Swift / Clearing Code: FIRNZAJJ
For international donors who wish to donate via PayPal, we are in the processing of setting up a PayPal account and will publish the details here as soon as that is done.
As we recognize the importance of transparency to account for all donations, our policy is that all donors are entitled to view our books. Please contact us if you have any queries in this regard, or wish to be sent a copy.
We are often on the look-out for specific items. If you are able to source (or sponsor) one of these for us, we would be most grateful!
Our current wish-list includes the following:
- Portable Projector Screen
- Tablet or iPad
If you can help in any way please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +27 76 762 6094, Thank you!
Sign up to our newsletter
This form collects your name and email address which is stored in a MailChimp list so that we can send you periodic news via email. We will endeavour to protect your personal information and will not share this with third parties. You may unsubscribe at any time.